De Work out Room van VDAB is een ruimte voor innovatie en cocreatie. We begeleiden projecten om de arbeidsmarkt te vernieuwen en zetten innovatieve initiatieven in de schijnwerpers.
Opgelet: deze sessie is in het Engels.
One of the Sustainable Development Goals that we would all together like to achieve by 2030, is gender equality. Why though? What makes gender equality such a burning issue? Is it not something that in Belgium we achieved decades ago?
In this Coffee with the Future, our guest is Amélia Lopez Huix, UN certified expert on Gender Equality. Amélia not only helps companies and countries achieve gender equality, she actually helped the UN write the content of this SDG. Like no other, she connects the dots between gender equality and global development, economic markets and business outcomes.
In this Coffee with the Future, you'll find answers to some pressing questions:
- What does gender equality really mean? Why is it not the same as Women's rights?
- How are 'gender equality' and 'labor market' intertwined?
- Are we on track, globally and here in Belgium, to meet this SDG by 2030?
- What are some actions we should take? What is at stake if we don't up our game regarding gender equality?
- For those of us longing to take action for gender equality: what can we ourselves do?
VDAB - Work Out Room
10 maart 2021 van 9u tot 10u