More on the VDAB

We give some more information on the public employment service VDAB.

What is the VDAB?

The VDAB is the public employment service of Flanders. Official language is Dutch.

There are also three other public employment services:

  • ACTIRIS, responsible for the Brussels-Capital Region, official language: Dutch and French
  • Le FOREM, responsible for the Walloon Region, official language: French
  • ADG, responsible for the German Community, official language: German

What can the VDAB do for me?

Are you allowed to live and work in Belgium? In that case, the VDAB can help you in many ways.

  • Are you looking for a job in Belgium?
    • On you will find thousands of job offers. Browse the vacancies.
    • You can publish your CV on for employers to read it and contact you. If you understand Dutch, you can publish your CV yourself on the website.
    • Would you like personal assistance in your search for a job? A consultant can offer you guidance.
  • Do you want to follow training in Belgium?
    • For instance in order to brush up your Dutch or to learn a certain profession? That is possible. The VDAB offers many training courses.
    • If you understand Dutch, you can have a look for yourself in the training data base. Or you can contact a VDAB consultant.
  • Do you want to apply for unemployment benefit in Belgium?
    • Are you unemployed and do you meet the conditions, then you are entitled to unemployment benefits. It is the RVA who decides whether you will receive benefits.
    • In order to apply for unemployment benefit, you need to register as a job seeker at the employment service in your region.
      • Do you live in Flanders, do you have a national number and do you understand Dutch? Then you can register online at the VDAB. If this is not the case, contact a VDAB consultant.
      • Do you live in:
        • the Brussels-Capital Region, contact ACTIRIS.
        • the Walloon Region, contact Le FOREM.
        • the German Community, contact ADG.

How do I contact VDAB?

  • By telephone (working days from 8 till 16.30 h):
    • From abroad: +32 2 508 38 11
    • From Belgium: 0800 30 700 (freephone)
  • Go to a VDAB office: find an office near you.

More information for employers: